Dear Altadena Baptist Family,
The state of California has issued their “Safer at Home” request. This means that, going forward, we will not be meeting in the church building. But that won’t stop us! Because the church is really all of us, united in spirit wherever we are, and we can still take care of each other and our neighbors and family members.
- Until the government has lifted its restrictions, we will not hold Sunday morning services in the sanctuary.]. (The page does not require you to have a Facebook account, so anyone can access it: ABC’s public Facebook page) This week we will be responding to user comments as quickly as we can during the service, so please bring your comments, prayer requests, and well-wishes to the congregation and we will all agree with you!·
- All in-person mid-week gatherings, events, and programming are cancelled until further notice. The church office is now closed to comply with the “Safer at Home” order; however, you can always reach someone quickly at email@example.com or to mail in prayer requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ABC Deacon Board will not meet at the church, but it will meet at its usual time by Zoom conference: Thursday, March 26, 6 pm.
We are preparing a devotional guide that we all can walk through together…even while we are apart. Watch for news of that over the next few days.
More than anything, let’s pray for each other — that God will keep each one safe, healthy, and at peace in these unsettling times. And let us pray that we will live out the challenge of being the body of Christ to each other while physically apart.
Pastors Connie and George
- Los Angeles County Latest News on COVID-19 The Los Angeles County website is the best resource for up-to-the-minute local information on how to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- State of California Issues Stay at Home Order In order to combat the spread of COVID-19, California Governor Gavin Newsom has issued a statewide order for all residents to ‘stay at home’ except for when it is absolutely necessary to leave. Essential services will remain open such as pharmacies, grocery stores, takeout and delivery restaurants, and banks.
- Pasadena Unified School District information PUSD just extended their closure until the beginning of May. Stay current on all new developments for our schools here.
- Explore Free Bible Videos The Bible Project has excellent, fun (and educational!) videos on all parts of the Bible, and on specific themes and words found in the Bible. These are excellent resources for those wishing to do a deeper dive into learning the Bible while at home.
- Scholastic Offers Free Learn at Home Resources Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going at home with day-by-day projects. Every day includes four separate learning experiences to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
Coronavirus, Social Distancing and Self-Quarantine It’s crucial that our church members listen to the guidelines coming from health professionals and public officials in order to stop the spread of COVID-19. We’re hearing a lot of new phrases like “social distancing” and “self-quarantine.” In this article, the senior director of infection prevention at Johns Hopkins Medicine clarifies these concepts and explains why they’re being recommended.